Dream League: Uprising
Log in to the forum so you can post and get this annoying box off your screen Smile
Dream League: Uprising
Log in to the forum so you can post and get this annoying box off your screen Smile
HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games

Go down 
+3
MBlaze
S☆R Cladstn
Clover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Clover
DL Knight
DL Knight
Clover

Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Wince the 'Wii' is going to move on to the WiiU pretty soon, let's have a vote for Top 10 Games on the Wii Console! (not including virtual console).

BEFORE YOU POST YOUR LIST:
1) Post at LEAST 5 games, and a MAX of 10 games in order from 1 (being your fav) 10 (least fav on your list)
2) It must be a game you played, but you don't necessarily have to have beaten it.
3) If possible, please give a few reasons for why you are nominating your top few spots. You don't have to write a paragraph or anything, but just a few notes about why the game stood out to you!

I will tally up the scores after we receive a good number of votes, and we'll have an official list! I'll even allow for '11th' place as an honorable mention Wink

♥️♥️♥️ A prize for the game that gets the most points: I would consider making a theme for the forum based on the game (if dx/clad are okay with that, and once we work on the style switcher a bit more)

Current Tally (I can update it a bit more if more people want to vote, but right now here are the standings!)
Yes, I have a weird ranking system...but it works Neko Smile
Spoiler:

Last edited by Clover on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sweetcharm.net
S☆R Cladstn
Magical Girl
S☆R Cladstn

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:06 pm

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- It was actually my number 5, but I chose it as my #1 at random.
- the Painting art style amazing, its just beautiful
- motion controls are fun and its the first game to full realize what the Wii could do

2. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
- Motion controls are fun
- It was much better than the first
- Moe anime girls

3. Xenoblade Chronicles
- Best JRPG on the Wii
- The massive world, great story and fun gameplay

4. Pikmin 2
5. Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
6. Metroid Prime Trilogy
7. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
8. Fragile Dreams: ~Farewell Ruins of the Moon~
9. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
10. The Last Story
Back to top Go down
MBlaze
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
MBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I haven't played a lot of Wii games, but I have played enough to make at least five.

1) Xenoblade Chronicles-

This game is one of the best JRPGs that I have played. The storyline is fantastic with a bunch of twists and goes into each character's backstory either through dialog with other companions or through the story. Each character is different from one another and unique in their own way, which helps bring out the Xeno series feel to the game. The music in this game is very well-put. In the overworld and in towns, the music varies from being soothing to downright mysterious, which helps set the mood of the game. The battle music isn't annoying and the boss battles have this rock/metal tone to it so you're either pumped or downright afraid of the upcoming battle. The battle system is different than what you expect a standard RPG battle system is. It's similar to Final Fantasy XII's battle mechanic, but it's different at the same time. With seven characters and each is different from one another, strategy is still a key source to beating this game. However, the difficulty can be downright cruel at times, but you don't always have to fight the creature at times. Plus, your party can contain only three party members, and having the main character along with the healer is definitely a must, so your options are very limited. Overall, this game has been my favourite new release games in a long time.

2) Super Smash Bros. Brawl-

I remember the hype of this game when they were showing off new characters left and right when Smash Dojo was still up. The sudden appearance of Snake and Sonic blew our minds the moment we saw them, mostly because it was a character that wasn't from Nintendo. I liked how Nintendo tried to put up a storyline in this game, but let's be real here, it wasn't that great overall. However, what it lacked in story made up in both music and gameplay. The music was pretty awesome and it had all of your favourites from each of the game series. The gameplay is pretty great in a way that the competitive field works. However, in my view, the fact that a lot of these characters aren't balanced in one way or another is a big letdown. This doesn't mean that when you play a character that has a huge advantage over another is going to win guaranteed, like Meta Knight vs. everything alive. Skill does play a factor, and that's how these games should be played as.

3) Silent Hill: Shattered Memories-

The biggest thing I loved about this game was that it was more psychological than a survival game, and the ending is probably one of the best endings in any game ever. It's not a typical story and an ending, it's a confrontation that this character that you made out to be the best father and this knight in shining armour is nothing more than what you perceive him to be. If you played the original Silent Hill 1, then this ending is more of a slap to your face than anything else. The music is very nice in this game, and its environment and setting is very terrifying when you're in the Nightmare Realm.

4) Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn-

I haven't beaten this game yet, but so far that I've played, it's pretty good. The storyline is a sequel to Path of Radiance, and I like it since when we stopped in PoR, we expected it to be "peaceful" when it actually isn't. The characters are really balanced and the music is always splendid.

5) Yugioh 5D's: Duel Transer-

I liked it. .__.
Back to top Go down
fuzia
Noob
fuzia

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:37 pm

#1. Super Mario Galaxy
SMG may just be my favorite game ever tbh. The graphics and art style are wonderful, the characters and worlds are all super endearing, the soundtrack is fantastic, and it's just really fun to play in general. I just wish I could play the sequel ;__;

#2. Resident Evil 4
I know this was originally a GCN/PS2 game but I think it did pretty well on the Wii (it makes the controls are a lot more natural). Controls aside, I personally think it's been the best installment in the RE series in the past few years. In my opinion, for a zombie game it's not too in your face but it's still got the right amount of scariness. Also the gameplay is a lot of fun.

#3. Animal Crossing: City Folk
First of all animal crossing is the actual cutest franchise and I will hear no sass on this matter. City Folk is definitely the best game in the series so far--the improvements on the previous games were spot on. The graphics are the cutest around and having your own little town is just the best uwu

#4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I'm generally not one for fighting games but I gotta say Brawl is addicting. The controls are very sharps and easy to learn but hard to master which is probably the most important element of a fighting game, I'd say. Also all the characters control differently so I think there's basically one for everyone.

#5. Endless Ocean
So this is a really casual game....but it's really nice and relaxing u__u you basically just scuba dive and search around for fish and ocean animals. There's a loose story but I think the exploration is really cool and it's a very pretty game overall.
Back to top Go down
http://flavors.me/yahisa
zygloman
Trainer
zygloman

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:26 pm

1) Dokapon Kingdom - Hilarious game with creative monsters and enemies. Pretty much the funniest game ever. Just try it, you'll love it.

2) Pikmin - You can control a group of small half-plant half-animal beings that, when working together can take down any thing in your way.

3) Pikmin 2 - New pikmin. Plus you can control little bulborbs! I LIKE PIKMIN K?

4) Rayman origins - Fun side scrolling game where you can work together, but you don't have to. Plus the characters are really creative and hilarious. (Secret part that's like angry birds lol)

5) Super Smash Bros. Brawl - It's fun k? Fighting game with many well known (Nintendo) game characters. Good plot and final attacks.
Back to top Go down
MisterGlaceon
Trainer
MisterGlaceon

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Alright, my list...

10. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
This gets the rare distinction of being a Zelda game I actually like. The motion controls are usually responsive, and the gameplay feels great. The game's music is also really nice, especially the main theme. The art style is fantastic, as well, especially because it's just like "Screw realistic. This is how we roll." and just goes with that. Not necessarily the best plot or areas of a Zelda game, but it's leagues ahead of that other one for the Wii... <_<

9. Sonic Colours
Probably one of the better Sonic games in recent memory, this is also the game that, if it hadn't restored everyone's faith in the Sonic series, then it comes damn close. The levels are mostly fun, and while the game does get a bit iffy at times, it's generally really good. The soundtrack is especially well-made, and the game has a great sense of humour. (And, it was written by the guys who made Happy Tree Friends, which may say something.)

8. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
The game's four-player aspect can be a bit strange at first, but it's definitely a good party type of game. Really odd considering it's a platformer, but it works. If you play it single-player, then you'll note that it has some of the most challenging levels of 2D Mario games, and it becomes even harder if you're going for a 100% run. The game's levels are well-designed, and while some may accuse it of not being an improvement over past titles, I think the sheer fun of it helps it through.

7. Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Probably one of the better deals you can get for the Wii, mainly because it's one of the very few first-person shooters available on the system that feels like they put some sort of effort into it. This version contains all three games of the trilogy, two of which were only available previously on the Gamecube. Thanks to the fact that the Wii is four times as powerful as the Gamecube, the games also feature faster loading times, higher-quality textures, and even better lighting effects in some areas.

6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Honestly, this game's a must-have. It's a great game with fantastic music, and some of the nicest graphics that you can get on the Wii. At least, in most aspects. The gameplay is excellent and easier to learn than Melee's was, though this is probably because the gameplay isn't as fast as it was in Melee. The game's characters are also rather unbalanced, but they all have their own play styles that lead to certain situations. The biggest sin is its load times, and even they're usually tolerable.

5. Mega Man 9/10
Probably one of the best things you could spend $20 on is getting Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10. Both games are fantastic, top-notch run-and-guns with great level design, challenging boss fights, neat weapons, and good chiptune soundtracks.Mega Man 9 is rather difficult, but the levels are mostly well-designed and the weapons are great. Mega Man 10, meanwhile, has a bit of an edge with difficulty selections and multiple player characters.

4. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
This game seemed to slip under a lot of peoples' radar when it released stateside, but it's a damn good example of how to make a game. The game's art design is very nice, and is reminiscent of Vanillaware's other titles, such as GrimGrimoire and Odin Sphere. The game's challenging, well-designed, and the load times are pretty short.

3. Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2
Honestly, I can't suggest one without also suggesting the other. Galaxy 1 is definitely a great game; the levels are well designed and the areas have great art direction, in addition to an incredible atmosphere. Most of the levels honestly seem very much space-based, and the game's motion controls don't feel tacked-on like they do in some other games. They honestly feel very, VERY responsive. Galaxy 2 has a few edges in terms of gameplay gimmicks, though the atmosphere is less spacey and more based around typical Mario things. Either way, both of the games are great, with absolutely amazing soundtracks.

2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
It's very rare that a game continuously wows me as much as this game did as I played it. Each level offered something new, and they were all well-designed. The gameplay was terrific, the levels were really challenging, and each one had a definite atmosphere to it that just fueled the game even more. Even though the game's difficult, it's impossible to hate it; the game's art direction is fantastic, and it's really cool to see how parts of each level interact with each other.

1. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
I have no idea what would make me like a Kirby game as much as this one, but this game just... Works. The gameplay is great, and the ability to play with four-person co-op adds a nice little touch. Certainly, the game's not really all that hard, but it does feature an EX Mode that's fairly challenging. The levels are great, and each new area has its own nifty gimmicks. The game just feels like a Kirby game, and after waiting so long for it, I'd say that it was definitely worth the wait.

I couldn't really decide where to place the last three games, so assume that they're all about as good... <_<;
Back to top Go down
Clover
DL Knight
DL Knight
Clover

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 am

Keep em coming :3 We have a good list going. I just don't wana tally yet before we get a little more input ♥
Back to top Go down
chemicaljericho
Advance Gamer
chemicaljericho

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:49 pm

ok ill say:

1-Brawl
I bought my wii just for that game apart from smooth moves. also the actual brawl hacking expands the replay value to the infinite, so you dont get tired of that game no matter how long you have been playing it, specially if you play it with friends irl

2-Smooth moves
its not a secret that I am an insane fan of wario ware series, and I have reasons apart from that fact to set this one on this place; its the wii game which explodes the use and functions of the wii mote to the limit! also their characters are so cool!

3-Bully: scholarship edition
maybe youre against bullying, but I liked this game cos its the nearest thing youll get to a gta game; since it was made by rockstar, this game is technically a gta game in a school!

4-Budokai tenkaichi 3
DBZ is a big part of my childhood, and this is the best dragon ball game ive seen in forever for a wii. I love how you have to move the controlled to make the special attacks and the looooong character roster they took (they are like 200 characters!). I never had it, but I rented it many times and I dont regret at all

5twilight princess
very popular zelda game, I rented it for 2 or 3 days, but didnt clear it all; but I liked it yes, itwas nice to play

6the force unleashed
I dont know why people disses it, it was a cool game and the alternate endings made it interesting of playing several times. also play as your favourite jedis on the special modes was a dream came true!

6soul calibur legends
similar platform compared to force unleashed, but with mediebalish warriors, I expected to see nightmare on it but I couldnt unlock him or he wasnt there :s

7mario & sonic at the olympics
I had alot of fun when I rented it and played it with my friends irl, maybe that was why I enjoyed such a childish looking game, but I dont care, I liked it alot

8Metroid prime 3
some parts of this reminded me alot of halo, and I found it fun, but I love all metroid prime's graphics and the way you controlled samus this time, it was great

9resident evil 4
I liked the story and stuffe ven though i am not a hugde fan of those games

10COD for wii
dunno, just filling this thing, yes I played it once when I rented it
Back to top Go down
Clover
DL Knight
DL Knight
Clover

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 pm

You have 2 number six slots and on the last one you basically said you were just trying to fill it up, so i left it out for ya ^_^; hope you dont mind...
Back to top Go down
chemicaljericho
Advance Gamer
chemicaljericho

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:58 am

Clover wrote:
You have 2 number six slots and on the last one you basically said you were just trying to fill it up, so i left it out for ya ^_^; hope you dont mind...
that was a draw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games   Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Nintendo Wii Games
Page 1 of 1